Mohammad presented on Atheists in Religion. The presentation focused on Islam and how ridiculous it is
· Fundamentals of Islam
o What does Allah mean?
o Allah does not grant his followers a will. Allah does not have human characteristics.
· Differences and similarities between Sunni and Shi’ite muslims
o Sunnis think the successor of Mohammed should be chosen by the people
o The Shi’a think Mohammed’s successor will come on his own.
o Both think that the Quran is not to be questioned
o There is long-brewed hatred between the Sunnis and Shi’a.
· Sufi is the third most popular Islamic denomination, next to Sunni and Shi’ite.
o Currently, there are approximately 37 different denominations of Islam
· One may enter the Islamic faith, but one cannot leave without being killed or persecuted
· Mohammed created Islam in order to unite the Arabs of the Middle East. He wanted the fighting and bickering to stop
· The Quran:
o Book used by Muslims
o Very brutul and passionate idealogies.
o The book is very controversial and hard to interpret clearly
o What is the relationship between orphans and polygamy? Mohammed himself was an orphan
o Quran says that when one gains power, it is permissible to hold that power and even increase it by any means necessary, even though that may hurt innocent people
· Old Ages of Islam
o Ali Rashidun
o Abbasid Ummayad
· New Ages of Islam
o Ottoman Empire
o Safarid Empire
o Mughul Empire
· A secondary reason (aside from the Surge) why Muslims hate Jews is due to the influence of the hatred of Jews by the Christians.